Thursday, October 29, 2009

Today's Giggle

Years ago I had a 'Day at a Glance' calendar that was called "Live and Learn and Pass It On". That year I was presented with many insightful thoughts that proved to be priceless . . . for example . . .
"I've learned that no matter what you do in life . . . Mom always finds out about it." YIKES!
and . . .
"I've learned that it's better to try to fix a problem than to spend all of your time finding out who caused it." Lesson learned!
AND . . .
"I've learned that the dashing young knight
on his snow-white steed
who was going to ride into my life and sweep me off of my feet . . . . . .
has apparently gotten lost in the forest."
THAT one is my all-time favorite!! LOL

Well, today I would like to add my very own 'Live and Learn and Pass it On' to the mix . . . .
"I've learned that if you open a bag of Gertrude Hawk Smidgens
it's likely that you'll eat every last one of them in a single sitting . . . BUT . . .
if you open a bag of dried plums it's likely that you'll be blessed with all the self-control that you'll ever need!
Fruit of the Spirit is an awesome thing! (no pun intended)

Thank You, Lord, for your gift of grace!
Amen and amen.
bo

No comments: