Saturday, December 10, 2011

Beside The Still Waters

As my day began, the Lord put one person after another on my heart.  My dad, who passed away 31 years ago today, lead the group but he was joined in spirit by friends, co-workers and family members … all who are in need of a touch from Jesus.  It was then that I heard the Lord whisper in my ear to remind me that “He leadeth me beside the still waters”. 

Well, you don’t have to ask me twice … immediately I went to Him and found myself in a place where He provided refreshment for my soul… peace as I escaped from the chaos of this world … and hope for what is yet to come.
In His presence all issues faded away.  I cared not about the stock market  nor what the doctor’s report was for my friend nor about the destructive choices that are being made by more and more people of this world … no, my ONLY desire was to sit closely enough to Him that I could feel the warmth of His body and hear the beating of His heart. 

Refreshed and comfortable I listened to His words of love.  His kindness melted away every barrier that I ever built up to keep the world out.  Soon, an eagerness swelled within me to let others know about the incredible possibilities that exist when you sit quietly with Him by the still waters.  Indescribable joy fills you and I just can’t keep it to myself … so I asked the spirits of those He put on my heart to join us there.  Lifted from sick beds they came … out of pits of loneliness they ran … a few turned from the valley of the shadow of death to be by His side … there was even one who entered His rest rather than the door of their doctor’s office. 
Blessed are those who seek Him.
Blessed are those who surrender to His goodness.
Blessed are those who gather with Him and are restored in body, soul and spirit.

Father God, thank You for providing for a way of escape from the struggles that are of this world.  Thank You for the perfect plan that is Your Son, my Savior, Jesus Christ.  May all who join Him by the still waters be refreshed, renewed and saturated with hope.  I pray this, Father, in His Holy Name.
Amen and amen

No comments: