Thursday, October 16, 2008

What is Truth?

I have the privilege of being a participant in a program called "The Truth Project". It's presented through 'Focus on the Family', a trusted ministry that the Lord has blessed over the years as it expounds on His Word.

When a friend invited me to join his weekly gathering for 'The Truth Project' I gave it some thought but decided that it really wasn't something that I was interested in. It just seemed to be to 'deep' for me. I convinced myself that it just wasn't my cup of tea (but in hindsight I realize that more honestly put . . . I said no to the invitation because the program was outside of my comfort zone!). So anyway, Mike accepted my decision to say no and moved on.

The weeks that followed my decision brought a realization that every time I turned around the word 'truth' was popping up at me. Just as one example, a sermon at church during this time was on John 8:31 in which it is written "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.". And he ended with John 8:36 in which it is written "So, if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed."

Even Mike, who would never pressure you into changing your mind, felt lead to come back and encourage me to check the program out online (at www.thetruthproject.org). Timidly I relented and for whatever reason I eventually decided to sit in on a gathering. Stubbornly I joined the group for 'Tour" #4 but honestly I have to confess that it was only after fighting with myself every inch of the way.

Well, it was then that I could see that the Lord was directing my steps because after only one "Tour" I was hooked .

I'm finding that this "Truth Project" is lifting up the Word of God and exposing the world views as lies that all of us buy into. I am so excited as I think about the possibilities of how the Lord may use this teaching in my life. Will He use it to set me free from something? Or will He use me to bring the lessons of truth to someone else and in so doing - set someone else free from a some baggage they're carrying around?

Father God, humbly I give you thanks for the work you are doing in and through my life. What an honor it is for me to consider that you may use me to bring glory to Your Name. You, and You alone, are worthy of my devotion and praises and worship. How glorious it is to know that I am one of Your chosen ones. I give You thanks through the Name that is above all names . . . the Sweet and Holy Name of Jesus.
Amen and Amen.
bo


No comments: