Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Mighty Weapon

I've heard it said that fear is the mightiest of weapons in Satan's arsenal.

The other day as I was praying for a couple of my friends who have fearful situations going on in their lives, the Lord allowed me to envisioned this thing called 'fear' as a real tool. As it was being handed over to me I was lead to realize that this tool was hot . . . so hot that I couldn't handle it without being burned.

With that image foremost on my mind I was then able to set that tool down and walk away from it. I then prayed that my friends would see their fears in the same way . . . definitely not something that they would want to pick up, hold on to and carry on their backs!

What is there to fear? It is written in Matthew 10:28 "Do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, fear the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell."

Fear (reverence) for the Lord is healthy and appropriate. Fear of anything else is a hot iron that ultimately burns those who try to seize control of it.

Lord Jesus, open our ears as you direct us to lay our fears down before you. Reassure us that You are there protecting us and guiding us. It is in Your strong Name, Jesus, that we pray.
Amen and Amen.
bo

No comments: