Sunday, February 8, 2009

Tears of Glory

The other day I met with a friend of mine and during our time of fellowship together we talked about the movie 'Fireproof'. He mentioned that the Holy Spirit prompted him to think of me when remembering the one character in the movie who was looked upon as the 'real deal'. WOW - what an honor! How incredible it is that the Holy Spirit thinks of me as the 'real deal'. Now that's what I call a spiritual shot in the arm . . . the vitamin B12 shot of all Holy Spirit shots! But wait . . . I hadn't seen the film so what was I strutting around about?

Well, my curiosity then got the best of me so I went and bought the movie . . . which is a good thing because there isn't a man, woman or child on the face of this earth that would have felt comfortable sitting next to me in public as I watched it. I was anxious when there was a show of tempers and when temptations came knocking at their doors. I sobbed just as much as they did when their hearts were becoming open sores and when forgiveness was being sought. And I was the cheerleader - pumping my arms and letting out a hearty 'YES!" when the 'real deal' guy saw for himself that our God is incredibly good to those who earnestly seek Him.

Now, as my feet begin to settle back on the earth's surface, I realize that there is yet another blessing I experienced from this movie. The miracle that the Holy Spirit laid in my lap this morning is that never once during the viewing of this movie did it occur to me to say
'if only'. HALLELUJAH!!!!!!! Not one tear was shed for what could have been in my own life - EVERY SINGLE tear that the Holy Spirit captured in my bottle of my tears as I watched this movie was shed for the glory that was coming about for the Lord! How glorious it is that not only did I have that reaction but how glorious too was the fact that He allowed me to look back and realize that those tears were being logged in on the Lord's side of the ledger rather than mine!

I am speechless . . . and we all know that that's a God thing!
bo

http://www.anencouragersheart.blogspot.com

No comments: