Sunday, December 20, 2009

I Love YOU Lord

Have you ever wondered how in the world it is possible for us - mere mortals - to bless God? I've wondered that very thing myself but as I understand it, the literal meaning of the Hebrew word bless is 'to kneel' . . . so therefore, in our act of blessing God we are kneeling our souls before Him in worship and gratitude.

As I posture myself before Him I have to stop in my humanness and ask "But do I love Jesus . . . do I worship HIM . . . or do I love the gifts that he so freely gives to me?" It's easy enough to melt the two together and stir them up as though they were one but take a moment with me, if you will, and separate the two . . .
He is worthy of my worship because He is my Creator. I wouldn't even be here if it weren't for Him.
He is not only loving but He IS love . . . and He tells us that nothing is more important in all the universe than love.
He willingly sacrificed Himself so that He and I could spend eternity - ETERNITY - together.
He is powerful, compassionate, merciful and forgiving.
How grateful I am that that He is slow to get angry with me, He doesn't punish me as I deserve and He is willing to ERASE my sins from His memory.
Oh, and yes, He is generous - providing for my every need. My heart beats because of Him. He fills my lungs with air and each tiny cell of my body, however aging, works in perfect rhythm because of Him. I have, because He provides.

Not long after I was first married I remember asking my new husband why it was that he loved me. Nearly 40 years later I can tell you that whatever his specific comments were back then they were fleeting but isn't it wonderful that even though 'life happens', the love that my God has for me - even after my 56+ years on this earth - has NEVER wavered. He loved me when He created me and loves me even today. He has never disappointed me, turned His back on me nor abandoned me. His desire is for me to stay on this path of rightousness - for His name's sake.

Glory be to the Lamb for He IS worthy of my love for HIM!
I love YOU Lord. Bless your Holy Name.
Amen and amen.
bo

No comments: