Friday, March 12, 2010

Are You Ready???

As I write this I'm being stretched by the Lord. A self-professed home body I have declared on countless occasions that I am not a traveler. But this week the Lord used a friend of mine who was in need to help me take a major leap of faith as I traveled with her from New York State down to Virginia.

The purpose of the trip was to attend the memorial service of a College roommate. What I saw was typical of a grieving family and the difficulties that ensue as their lives continue. But most notably I was 'introduced' to a woman who was ready to be in the arms of her Savior. The morning of her death she sang songs of praise to Him, she savored the time of worship with Him and then, before the sun went down, she found herself in His arms.

Of all the countless promises that you'll find embedded in the Bible you won't find one that guarantees that you will be around tomorrow. Right now is all that you have so the urgency is on . . . tell people that you love them - leave a legacy that they will ensure God's glory will be seen in the life you've lived.

Live and learn and be ready for the greatest Love ever to be yours.
bo

No comments: