Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Driven to Conform ... Lead to Transform

Peace comes to a person for many reasons. None, it seems to me now, impact your life more than the peace that comes when God Himself revels to you what makes you ... you. My journey of peace all started one day, not so long ago, when I asked the Lord for inspiration. Blessed be, it was then that I began to see myself through His eyes. Oh, I'm not referring to my physical attributes or even what purposes have been assigned to my life ... no, I'm referring to the core of who I AM.

The details of what I discovered are pure in nature to me, and although I don't want to bore you, I do wish to bring you a taste of the revelation that I encountered so that by bearing my soul, you too may be blessed and encouraged to seek revelation of your own. Suffice as to say I'm learning the value of living within myself so that I am who He created ME to be.

As my journey began, the heart of a simplistic person emerged. Nice is sufficient ... less is better. On the sinister side, the heart of a people pleaser was revealed and sadly, I can see with clarity that rejection was my driving force. True to my tender side, my heart's desire has always been to make others feel comfortable, worthy and loved. In and of itself that's a wonderful thing but as I have learned, the full measure of accomplishment comes only if your motives are selfless! Spirits of fear drive selfish motives while a Spirit of Love leads us to selfless motives. The truth is that Satan himself DRIVES us to conform to this world ... but God, with all His compassion and gentleness, LEADS us to be transformed into His image!

I've recognized for years ... and years ... that I've conformed my thinking and actions around an 'all or nothing' mentality. It's been my 'identity badge', if you will, giving me reason to declare that "I'm not good at balancing anything in my life" (a grim warning here about guarding your words). And although I've been very aware throughout the years of my obstinate attitude, I, nevertheless, accepted the lie that drove me to live a life that was out of balance. Never before did it occur to me to question whether or not God chose this way of life for me. Never did I consider that God, the One who loved me enough to create me and die for me ... the very same One who wants to spend eternity with me, had something much different planned for my life.

It should come as no surprise to anyone that God's Word offers us guidance even where this challenge is concerned. In his loving kindness He tells us in Romans 12:2"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - His good, pleasing and perfect will."

It's all there ... just waiting for us ... and I acknowledge freely that I've never been more excited than I am now to go on a journey of discovery! It's been a LONG haul but without reservation I can honestly say ... with the utmost of humility ... that 'I'm in' ... WHATEVER His plan ... I'm totally willing to do and be whatever it is that He has planned for me.

Father God, I pray that you will be flooded with seekers who look to You for inspiration ... who seek Your revelation ... and who willingly take Your hand as You lead them to a peace that surpasses all understanding. I pray most earnestly, Lord, that You will help them discover, but more importantly, that they, without reservation, become the person of Your heart's desire. I pray this all, Father, in Jesus' Name.
Amen and amen.

No comments: