Friday, September 5, 2008

Define Waiting Please

Waiting on the Lord. Now there's something that doesn't quite fit me like a glove. My impetuousness is in direct contrast to waiting. As a matter of fact, I'm the one who quite often is out in front of the Lord encouraging Him to catch up with me!!

What could it mean to wait on the Lord? Surely I'm not suppose to just stand around and do nothing. As a kid I remember someone saying that "idle hands are the devils workshop" so if that's true doesn't it seem that while all this waiting is going on you're at risk of being tempted by the evil one? Ohhhhhh . . . wait a minute . . . I may have uncovered a clue. If I remember correctly, it is written in Luke 22:40 "Pray that you will not fall into temptation." So we're NOT lead to be idle as we wait on the Lord but rather faith is deepened and intimacy gained by spending that time in prayer to Him. Amazing!

So what's the first thing that you're going to talk with Him about? Are you wondering what His 'all time' favorite color is? Or . . . don't you wonder why He made cats to have such bizarre tendencies? (yes, bizarre!) Or will you simply sit at the foot of His throne and be amazed at His balance of power and tenderness?

Through this time of discovery with Him you will come to know the fullness of His perfect nature and it is then that your waiting can become a time of anticipating the wonderful things He has planned for your life. It is through this time spent with Him that you become moldable clay in the Potter's hand.

Lord Jesus, what peace - what joy there is in knowing that you desire, as I do, a bonding that will enable us to be one in Spirit - one in truth - forevermore! Mold me, Lord. I look with wondrous anticipation of what you have planned for my life. Use me, Lord to bring glory to Your Name.
Hallelujah, thine the glory.
Hallelujah, Amen and Amen.
bo

No comments: