Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Would You Be Willing?

How is it possible, you ask, that God can save us from the sins that we've committed and yet still in himself remain righteous?

An Analogy to help explain - - - Author Unknown
An old man was brought into a courtroom, charged with stealing a loaf of bread. When the judge asked the man if the charge against him was true the old man admitted that he had, indeed, stolen the bread. But, he added, "I was hungry". The judge, who was a wise and kind man who loved people, said to the man, "I am in sympathy with you, but you have broken the law so you must pay the fine or go to jail." The old man shook his head and said, "I cannot pay the fine."

The judge then took off his robe as a judge and went down to where the man was standing. Placing his hand on the man's shoulder he said, "As your judge I had to sentence you, but as your friend I want to pay your fine for you."

It is written in John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave His only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

We are like the old man who broke the law but couldn't pay his fine. We have broken God's holy laws and we deserve to be punished but Jesus laid down His robes as our judge and came into the world that He might pay the penalty of our sins.

God loves us to much to let us pass by him but our sins demand that we can't be in the presence of a Holy and Perfect God . . . so in the cross of Christ we see how God could save us but at the same time remain righteous and holy. He has us and we have Him . . . all because of the atoning sacrifice of Christ.

Father God, I confess that there isn't a man, woman, or child on the face of this earth that I love so much that I would be willing to send one of my children to be brutalized for them as Jesus was for me. That makes the depth of your love for me so incredibly unfathomable.
It would be more than a shame if every human alive didn't confess Jesus as their Lord . . . it would be a sin.
May I prove to be part of the solution that brings everyone I know to the saving knowledge that is Your Son, Christ Jesus! Equip me, Lord, for without your help I am doomed to fail but with you, there is hope and victory!
Amen and Amen
bo

No comments: