Tuesday, September 30, 2008

What Are You Good At Doing?

What would your response be if you were asked to share with a group of people what you feel you are good at doing? Would you be the one who is good at making gardens grow? Or maybe you're someone who is good at comforting a baby after a long cry? Or, by any chance, are you one of those unique people who is good at accepting life's changes with open arms?

I truly believe that EVERYONE is good at something . . . and this weekend my friend Lee and I are hosting a Grow Group from church during which we may use this question as our ice breaker. What do you think? It has possibilities, wouldn't you agree?

My excitement for the gathering is growing as I think of this question now but will such a question serve to give us an opportunity to really get to know one another? Well, I'll test the waters by sharing with you what I feel that I'm good at doing . . . let's see, I can think of a number of things that I'm not really good at doing. Some I'm thankful to avoid (like, I'm not good at lying - which in most circles is a good thing) and some things are just beyond my own strength (like, I can't move furniture around by myself - anymore that is) but then there are some things that I wouldn't mind entertaining the thought of doing (that is - when I get up the courage). But let's see . . . at the risk of seeming boastful . . . I will share with you that the thing I do feel that I'm good at doing is sharing. I love to share. I'm even willing to share when people don't necessarily want me to (heeheehee). I love to share whatever it is that the Lord puts on my heart. That, in essence, makes me quite transparent but I'm ok with that - what you see is what you get. I'm willing to share my time, my abilities, and my experiences. I'm willing to share the books I read, the movies I watch and the songs that move my heart. But Praise God the thing I love to share more than anything else in my life if my love for Jesus.

Yes, I'm quite confident that this question would, indeed, afford us an opportunity to get to know each other better. And thankfully, it is written in Matthew 18:20 "For where two or more are gathered in my name, there am I with them." For that reason we can be sure that this Grow Group will be blessed exceedingly, abundantly more than we can ask or imagine!!!

Hallelujah Jesus!
bo

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I remember sitting in the coffee shop with you a few years ago, wondering what God's plan was for you.

Now you know.

I love your friendlyness and your smile!