Sunday, July 26, 2009

Homesick for God

I am what people would describe as a 'homebody'. I don't have a traveling bone in my body and often I've mentioned that if I leave Broome County I fear getting the bends! This is nothing new - not a phobia that I've developed as I grew older - no - even as a child I would 'beg' my mother to let me stay overnight with a friend . . . only to ask as the time drew near to leave . . . "Do I HAVE to go?" My desire was to be where my heart was at rest.

This morning as I met with the Lord I came to realize that as the Great Jehovah M'Kaddesh He has sanctified my walk - He has grown me into a person whose heart now longs to be where He is. As we met this morning I realized that my desire (however finite) was to be at Home with Him and it was then that I wondered if I'm, in fact, homesick for God. And why not . . . to be in a place where love is all encompassing. Where pleasure, joy, and heartfelt appreciation for His Glory knows no end.

As a child my mother would ALWAYS assure me that I could remain in a place where I knew love and safety. And the Lord has reminded me now of His promise that is far greater than even that of my mother's . . . He as assured me that there is no need to feel the pangs of homesickness for as it is written in Matthew 28:20 "And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Did you hear the chains as they hit the floor? If you're not a 'homebody' you probably wonder what the fuss is all about but this has defined who I am for so long that freedom comes in knowing that the evil one can no longer use this against me!

Hallelujah!!!!! Thank You Jesus!

Who knows - maybe someday I WILL be a world traveler . . . but I will go knowing that I take 'Home' along with me wherever I go!

bo

No comments: