Monday, August 3, 2009

Perfection In Weakness

Have you ever noticed that you never feel closer to God than when you don't feel good. For me a good bout with the stomach flu set me back some 36 hours or so but oh the lessons that can be learned from such a time as this.

As my sea legs began to return I was gently guided back to God's Word in 2Cor 12:7-10. In these passages the Apostle Paul is speaking of his 'thorn in the flesh'. Three times he pleads with God to remove it from him. What Paul was told was "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

The long and short of that is . . . bend your knees and allow the Great Physician to take over. He is there to hear your heart cry out to Him. He is there to warm you when you can't find warmth around you and somehow, when overheated, you're convinced that He has just laid a cool cloth on your forehead.

Asking 'why me' is silly. Asking 'why not me' is difficult and yet when all is said and done we are left with the understanding that no matter who 'me' is, we all ARE helpless without Him . . . and His grace DOES see us through . . . . we are NEVER alone for when you cry out He is there . . . He provides His strength when there is pain to endure and when lifting your eyelids is an insurmountable task.

As the Apostle Paul said after hearing God's message . . . "Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

Weakness thy name is Bonnie. Perfection thy name is Jesus the Christ!
To Him I bow my knees and sing thankful praises of His love and faithfulness.
Amen and amen.
bo

No comments: