Saturday, April 10, 2010

Living Life According To Plan

How is it possible to have gone through so much of ones life without ever REALLY being loved. Oh, I'm not talking about the depths of love that parents have for their children. Nor am I talking about 'love' that is spurred on by lust. No, I'm referring to that one on one - unconditional - sacrificial love that enters a persons life . . . maybe only once in a lifetime.

As you may have guessed, I am a hopeless romantic. You may question how that's possible since long ago I joined forces with the Apostle Paul in declaring the blessing of singleness. But if the truth be told, since the Lord created me to be who I am . . . and at the very same time allowed opposing circumstances to dictate what life I would lead . . . this is often a topic of conversation that He and I discuss. Is it any wonder that I sometimes walk around looking a bit dazed and confused!!

I remember a comment I heard years ago at a singles meeting that stated that being single is a choice. Well, you have to know me . . . I couldn't let that one pass without a comment . . . but as I rose up to challenge the truth of his statement - before I could release even one word - I realized that he was right. It is a choice. Whether man or woman, it's a choice. Young or old. Rich or poor, it's a choice and often the choice we make is based on extenuating circumstances that have entered into our lives. Whether married or single we allow the circumstances around us to dictate the openness of our heart . . . and the fullness of the lives we live. Past hurts . . . present influences . . . future fears. How truly foolish we are to allow this deception.

I am under the conviction of the Holy Spirit to say that we would be smart to realize that the Lord's return is imminent. With that comes an understanding that it would be to our benefit to live this life NOW to the fullest measure of His plans for it.

Father, with the courage so generously given to us by Your Holy Spirit, I pray that Your joy would be known within each of us as we live out Your perfect plan for our lives . . . for I pray it now, in the name of the One who gives us reason to love . . . Jesus, the Christ.
Amen and amen.
bo

No comments: