Thursday, April 1, 2010

Morning Intimacy

I am WOWed again this morning by the renewal that a new day brings. Concerns of yesterday are now laced with hopeful possibilities as the day dawns. In the silence of the morning God is so obviously in our midst. Issues from yesterday still need to be resolved - prayers still need to be mentioned - healing still needs to come - but if you are willing . . . the freshness of a new day lays out hope and determination and the renewed desire to walk in the shadow of His wing.

At this time of day the world around me is quiet. The busyness of the day is on hold for this is the moment more precious than any other in my day. This is the time that I am able to hear the whispers of God and only the sounds of the song birds break the silence to bring forth His glory.

Without this time of intimacy and oneness with Him my day would be overwhelming from the start. It's like gassing up at the pumps before a long trip. In order to get to your destination you must first fill your tank with the highest quality fuel that you can find so that you are powered up to reach your destination.

Jesus . . . my fuel of choice. Jesus . . . my road map. Jesus . . . my pilot. My day has renewal and possibilities and hope.

Thank You, Jesus. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You.
May I carry this moment with me throughout my day . . . remembering Your love and faithfulness and true desire to be my reason for hope.
Truly, it IS all about You, Lord Jesus.
Amen and amen.
bo

No comments: