Monday, May 18, 2009

Equal Time

When I was a kid in school I loved English class. Even then I loved to write and as strange as it sounds . . . I LOVED to diagram sentences (now there's a blast from the past!). How weird is that! Well, this morning as I spent time with the Lord I thought about how our sins separate us from God but thanks to Christ's sacrifice, our direct line of communication with God was opened. BUT then I stopped and questioned how much time I really devote to that privilege which Christ bought for me with His blood? How much time do I really spend with God in a day? Do I even spend a fraction of the time that I know He devotes to me?

Well, that lead me to diagram my life so that I could see what it is that I view as so important as to allow it to distract me from being still and knowing that He is God. Although I suspect that you will see a deep richness . . . I pray that you will also see the pitfalls that beset each of us in our day . . .
At the Center . . . GOD (yes, but . . .)
Off Shoots . . .
~ Family
~~ children, sisters, brother, cousins
~ Church
~~ Personal ministries
~~ Prayers
~~ Devotionals
~~ Studies
~~ Celebrate Recovery
~~ Disciplining
~~ Evangelizing
~~ Sermons
~ Friends
~~ to numerous to name but they are used by the Lord
~~~ to feed, encourage, teach, support, guide and direct
~ Personal
~~ Staples of life (house / car / food)
~~ Blogging
~~ Health
~~ Work

My life is rich with blessings - yes, I'm convinced that it's full - and to prove it to myself I took my diagraming to an obsessive level and compared what my life is now (saved) to what it was not so long ago (unsaved). What I found was that GOD has spent an enormous amount of time and effort on this one 'little' life. But more often than not I allow people and situations and distractions and busyness and challenges and the 'stuff' of life to creep in and all of a sudden I'm at the end of my day and God has been overshadowed by it all.

Where is there peace with that? Where is there joy except from the hand of God?

How about you? What does the diagram of your life look like?

Father God . . . You are greater than I can fathom. You are more worthy of my devotion than I can express. It is beyond my comprehension that your heart's desire is for me to love You. The God of the universe - my Creator - wants nothing more from me than me. I give you great thanks for Your tender loving care and unwavering patience with me. May I endeavor - every day of my life - to fulfill Your heart's desire.

Amen and Amen
bo

No comments: