Friday, May 1, 2009

What's the Difference?

Let me take you on a journey . . . one that will help you to uncover the 'secret' of eternal life. A secret you say? Well, not really, for Christ Himself in John 17:3 tells us "Now, this is eternal life: that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent." And with that the secret is out. The 'secret' to eternal life is to KNOW Him . . . but not just more 'clinical' knowledge about Him . . . to KNOW Him, as Adam KNEW Eve and the result was an intimate union that yielded a child. When you KNOW God there is an intimate union that yields an outpouring of His Glory in your life. You might argue that 'everyone', whether in an intimate union with Him or not, can see His glory. What then is the difference?

Well, let me see if I can help you understand by painting you a picture . . .
Without an intimate union with God you see a sunset and say "Cool - nice sunset."
With an intimate union with God you hear an invitation from Him that says "Come into my World", see the incredible sunset that I've prepared for you. Check out the radiant glow of colors and feel the cool breeze that is sure to refresh you. Remember the promise that I've hidden in this spectacle of power and linger awhile, won't you, to see the twinkle of the stars that are soon to dance across the night sky. I've planned this evening just for you and I to enjoy. Listen and let the night sounds capture your imagination as I take pleasure in our time together.

Without an intimate union, the days pass and you barely remember that you ever saw such beauty. With an intimate union you are blessed as you recall your time together. The renewing of your heart is icing on the cake. Grateful for this special remembrance, you are lured, once again, to seek more intimate time with Him.

It's the difference between day and night . . . chocolate and vanilla . . . good and evil. KNOWING Him makes ALL the difference in this life . . . and in eternity!

Thank You, Jesus, for the incredible evening that prompted this posting. Please save me a place by the waters edge for my return visit!
Hallelujah!
Amen and Amen.
bo

No comments: