Sunday, March 6, 2011

His Wisdom . . . His Glory

In Proverbs it is written that the fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom.
It says . . .
~ if we accept His Words
~ if we store up His commands within us
~ if we apply our hearts to understanding
~ if we cry out for insight
~ if we turn our ear to wisdom and
~ if we think of it as if it were precious silver
~ if we search for it as if it were a hidden treasure
THEN we will understand the fear of the Lord and the birth of Wisdom within us is at hand.

This week the Lord lead me to this teaching. One in which goes on to say that "He is a shield to those whose walk is blameless".

Immediately my thought was . . . well, I know me and I'm not blameless. It's obvious to me that I more closely resemble the defiant one . . . one who is full of rebellion and self-sufficiency. So how in the world could I claim this Word for my own? How could I even dare to suppose that He's waiting to hear me cry out for His glorious Wisdom
. . . and Glory?

Then (once again) it came to me . . . it's not about me and whether or not I'm blameless - it's about the Glory of God. It's about who He is. His power to protect. His willingness to provide shelter from EVERY storm that comes into our lives. It's about His capacity to love, to be compassionate and to pour out His grace. It's about HIM!

We hear teachings all the time that lead us to think about ourselves . . . what we must do to be like Jesus. Although that's important in our walk, I believe that we are to crave more . . . we must crave Him. Crave to know Him. Crave to fear Him. We must fully desire the wisdom that is promised to us in Proverbs for then, and only then, will we be able to fully trust, honor and fear Him.

His Glory is revealed in and through us as we fervently seek to know who He is. His miracles in our lives are undeniable when we allow ourselves to enter into His presence. Let us never stop encouraging each other in our walk to be like Jesus but even more than that let us never stop encouraging each other to get to know our incredible Maker. For in doing so His Glory will prevail in us like never before and His Wisdom will be our blessing.

Father God, thank You for this teaching. In Jesus' name my fervent prayer is that our hearts will burn, like never before, with an all consuming fire to know you more intimately every day.
Amen and amen.

No comments: