Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I wonder?

I wonder, Lord . . . Is my life pleasing to you?
Do I reach out and touch those You want me to touch?
Am I listening for Your voice or do I seek the advice and teaching of others?

I wonder, Lord . . . When I'm at work or at the store or most importantly, when I'm at home with my family, do I remind those who see and hear me of You?
Do I serve others without any expectations of being repaid?

I wonder, Lord . . . Do I praise You enough? (please don't answer that!)
Are You the first One I greet in the morning and the last One who hears my voice before I drift off to sleep at night?
Does my heart overflow with thanksgiving for Your grace throughout my day?

I wonder, Lord . . . Will Your return be in my lifetime?
Would I be ready if You came at this very moment?

Oh come, Lord Jesus! Come now! There's no better time. The dishes need washing, the bills need to be paid, my family needs me BUT WHAT DOES THAT MATTER. I assure You that I value my life and those You have blessed me with, Lord, but none of it - NONE OF IT - is comparable to You, Lord Jesus, so come soon I pray.

With a song in my heart for You, Jesus, I give You all my treasures. Everything that is within me desires You and You alone.
My 'want' list is short . . . but sweet . . . I WANT JESUS.
Amen and Amen
bo

No comments: