Saturday, July 26, 2008

Now it's personal . . .

It is written in Matthew 18:14 that Jesus said "In the same way your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost."

This verse leaves absolutely no doubt - absolutely no room for debate - absolutely no reason to question that what drives the heart of our God is His desire to know us, to be with us, to be our life and breath. But if you look closely at this verse of His Word, remarkably, it allows us to move every reference of 'you, us and we' to the most personal level of 'me, I, and my'.
Put yourself there . . .
He came so that I would not be lost.
He taught the lessons and provided an example so that I could receive the richness of my inheritance as the daughter of the King.
Even if I was the only one who had ever grieved our Holy God, He would have handed His most beloved Son over to the unspeakable actions of men who were nothing less than animals.
His unfathomable sacrifice wiped my slate from bitterness.
Every crack of the whip and every drop of blood that was shed WIPED AWAY the unforgiveness in my heart.
Gone is my pain of rejection, my loneliness, my bitterness and my baggage.

He made me blameless. He made me holy. He made me worthy in the eyes of God the Father to receive His forgiveness and His love.
I am worthy . . . I am worthy . . . I AM WORTHY.
He has made it personal . . . for He wants me.

I am the daughter of the King - pure, without fault, loved like none other. And the incredible truth is that His entire flock can claim the same inheritance.
It is written in John 8:32 that Jesus said " .... you will know the truth and the truth will set you free".
How glorious are His truths.
Freedom beyond understanding for each and every one of us.
PRAISE GOD, PRAISE GOD, PRAISE GOD.
Thank You, Lord Jesus, for making a personal sacrifice for each of us.
Thank You, Lord Jesus, for Your part in making me a family member of the Great God, Jehovah.
bo

No comments: