Friday, July 25, 2008

Let's KISS

I thought that I knew all about KISSing - after all I do have 2 children - but, no, it took a lesson from the Lord to learn that there is an art to KISSing.

It's been a long time since I was KISSed by someone passionately - the kind of KISS that brings about pure joy - but recently the Lord laid a KISS on me that took me to my knees and I realized then that you have never truly experienced a life altering KISS until you've been KISSed by the Lord . . . for you see His KISS was saying "Keep It Simple Silly". He stopped me in my tracks. Then tenderly . . . but ever so clearly. . . I heard Him tell me "Be still and know that I am God".

Those words of wisdom are written in Psalms 46:10 but who knew that He meant them for me . . . for you see, I have been blessed with a servants heart. I have been blessed with a LOVE to do things for His people. Surely all of this serving was what the Lord wanted from this servant. What other possible way was I to know that He had a purpose for me? How else could I be sure that He would say to me "Well done, my good and faithful servant" (Mt 25-21)

Little did I realize that my busyness was putting me in jeopardy of hearing . . . '...I never knew you...' for not everyone who says to Him 'Lord, Lord' will enter the Kingdom of heaven, but only those who do the will of the Father in heaven. (paraphrased Mt 7:21-23)
Jesus taught about building on a solid foundation - and that is to know Him - personally, and intimately. To hear Him when He expresses His love for you. To linger in the greatness of His presence. To smell the sweet fragrance of His promises. To speak with Him from the quiet reaches of your heart.

Be still and know that He is God - consider it a privilege to be KISSed by the God of the universe and ENJOY Him!!!

Lord, Jesus, thank you for the KISS of my life.
I love you, Lord and it is by Your passion, Jesus, that I am made complete.
Amen and Amen.
bo

No comments: