Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Lesson # 1 - I must become less . . .

Day 2 of blogging - a total failure. As I attempted earlier to compose a posting for the day nothing was coming out right. Try as I might - everything I started was lifeless. Why would that be happening to me - I've been told for years (and especially lately) that my writing is 'a gift'. Why in the world was I struggling so much on only day 2 when I was so sure that God wanted me to step out of my comfort zone and use my 'gifting' in this way?
Well - - - it didn't take long before it became very obvious to me that I was attempting to 'create' something that wasn't coming from my heart - which is where any 'noteworthy' writing that I've ever done has come from - for it is there that the Holy Spirit resides!!
I confess and I'm ashamed to say that without any effort at all I was trying to make today's blog all about 'me'. I wanted to write something inspirational - I wanted to say just the right thing - present something that would be noteworthy - I I I I I but all that I did was allow the pride of my flesh to rise up and cloud my vision. Pride is an UGLY thing and I want to apologize to you the reader . . . but more importantly to my Lord. If this blogging is to fulfill it's purpose - if it is to help anyone - it will need to be His Show - all about Him. As it is written in John 3:30 . . . "He must become greater; I must become less."
I'm discouraged by the fact that my flesh was able to rise up so quickly - I'm discouraged that I never invited the Holy Spirit to join me today in my writing effort - I'm discouraged that I never stopped to pray and ask for the Lord's blessing on the message for I was so sure that it would serve to change the world (yeah, right).
But PRAISE GOD, I am forgiven - PRAISE GOD, PRAISE GOD, PRAISE GOD! (and I just have to say also that it seems a bit obvious to me that He's going to use this blogging as a vehicle to drive me to His Word - how exciting!!!! Thank You Lord)
I WAS discouraged - but at the very same time I wasn't at all downtroddened for I remembered that it is written in1st John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." so I'm trading my sorrows for the joy of the Lord!!! Hallelujah!
Be sure to 'hang in there' with me . . . He's sure to take us far beyond where we can imagine!!
With a humble heart I give you all my thanks and praise Lord. You are the love of my life.
bo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bo,you may feel like you you failed but never underestimate the value of what you are sharing. The lessons apply to many of us. Just let the Lord use you.

Love, Jack