Thursday, July 24, 2008

An Incredible Journey . . .

The Lord has raised up in me the love to write - well, actually it's more than a love - at times it's a necessity. It is as though I'm going to burst if I don't get my thoughts down on paper. It seems that He won't allow contentment within me until I've written it down - journalized it in my book.

From time to time I go back to those things that I've written and I am so often overwhelmed when I see in black and white the journey that the Lord has allowed me to experience.
So many people spend thousands of dollars to travel the world and see things that seem far beyond their reach in everyday life. They think of these places and things as being priceless but when compared to the privileged journey I've been on with the Lord any earthly journey is shabby in comparison.
As a matter of fact in Philippians 3:7-9 it is written "I once thought these things were valuable, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done. Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For His sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with Him. I no longer count on my own righteousness through obeying the law; rather, I become righteous through faith in Christ."
Thank You Jesus! Hallelujah!!!

People travel to see rocks and waterfalls, enormous buildings and beautiful flowers. The journey I've been on with the Lord has allowed me to see 'The Rock' . . . I've gotten to know the One who created those breathtaking waterfalls and the beautiful flowers . . . I've experienced the Living Christ in my life and I can promise you that He is far to great to be contained in ANY building that you could travel to see.
The love that I've experienced - the grace that I've been given - the incredible friendships that He has blessed me with cannot be purchased . . . at any price . . . at any travel agency or any ticket booth.
And the best is yet to come for I'm merely on the first leg of this journey with my best Friend. Jesus came so that I could live out this journey. Jesus sacrificed Himself so that I could journey with Him to be with the Father. In John 15:9 it is written that Jesus said "I have loved you even as the Father has loved me." He loves ME ...... as the FATHER loves HIM. That's why this journey is so glorious!

Lord, Jesus, thank you from the bottom of my heart for the priceless journey that you have planned for me. Knowing that you're there every step of the way takes all fears of the unknown away from me. You, Jesus, give me courage to venture into the territory that I never knew existed. You are glorious and you enrich my life beyond anything this world could ever dangle in front of me as a substitute.
I LOVE YOU LORD.
All Glory and honor to you as I sing praises to your name, Jesus.
bo

No comments: