Friday, August 8, 2008

Unspeakable Love

It is written in Romans5:8 "But God demonstrated His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

Have you ever considered all of the blessings that came your way even before you were saved. Have you ever known of someone's sin and yet at the very same time you can see that God blesses them . . . Abundantly!

And even as 'Born Again' Christians - while we are still imperfect - countless blessings come our way! Jesus chose death to show us how much He loves us. And even now, Christ chooses to love us and shower us with incredible blessings even though our actions and attitude separates us from His Holiness.

Today, the 8th anniversary of the toughest day of my life as a mother, I confess that I know personally the fullness of this truth for WHILE I WAS COMPLETELY TURNED AWAY FROM HIM, the Lord brought my child and me through a storm that NEVER would have been possible without His grace. Before that day I completely ignored the Lord - I put everything in my life ahead of Him and STILL in our moment of utter need He was there to spare me from the ultimate hell on earth.

How in the world can I ever show the depth of the remorse that I feel for the way I treated Jesus? How in the world can I ever express the gratitude that I feel for all that He has done for us? - He saved my child - Despite who I am . . . THAT'S WHO MY SAVIOR IS.

Today I rejoice and celebrate the continued hand of God on the life of the 'child' who, as a victorious adult, has emerged from that incredible storm. I humbly apologize for the choices I've made in the past and I give thanks beyond measure for the goodness that Christ has brought into my life.

Christ and Christ alone is worthy of my praise, my honor and my worship.
Amen and Amen.
bo

No comments: