Monday, August 11, 2008

Sorry guys, this one's for the gals

If this blog is to be real . . . if it is going to help ANYONE . . . it has to come from my heart and today my heart (and the rest of me) wasn't holding up very well to the daggers of menopause!

For quite some time I have been determined that I was NOT going to be one of those women who allowed the craziness of menopause to affect my life. Noooope - not me.
(note: it's painful to admit but a beloved friend of mine - or at least HE use to be - once told me that the best way to make God laugh is to tell Him that you have a plan for your life!)

So, ok, maybe . . . well probably - ALL RIGHT - ALL RIGHT, DEFINITELY, menopause HAS it's claws in me but that gives me freedom to admit that I'm enjoying - if ever so slightly - the craziness!

Today's melt down on Menopause Lane started out innocently enough as a friend and I caught a matinée of the new musical out called "Mama Mia". (funny . . . the reviews never included a warning that said that menopausal women were to enter at their own risk!) Anyway, I don't want give to much of the movie away just in case you want a chance to see the trigger scenes for yourself so I'll just say that there was a scene where the heart of a mother is exposed as she helps her only daughter get dressed for her wedding (need I elaborate!) and then on to the end of the movie when romance abounds. And that's all it took to snap the menopausal woman who is blessed with 27 years of singleness AND who is a hopeless romantic! Upon exiting this fine film the tears of menopause began to fall and it wasn't until the Lord used humor that those tears finally dissipated.

Whether it's puberty or menopause - male or female - it's amazing what crazy thoughts go through your head when hormones are in control! Case in point - - - 'I know that He's God and He didn't ask my opinion - but man . . . from my vantage point I just have to say . . . the heart of a hopeless romantic in the body of a person blessed with singleness . . . NOT a good mix!'
(respectfully submitted, of course!)

But OH, THANK YOU LORD FOR . . .
. . . Psalm 23 !
. . . Psalm 30:11-12 !

. . . AND Psalm 30:5!!! Hallelujah !

Do you ever think about God has having humor? Being playful? No? Well need I remind you that we were made in His image! And no one will ever convince me that He doesn't at least chuckle a little when He sees how far we'll go before we admit that we're NOT in control!!!

Thank You Lord for giving us the healing power of humor!!
bo

1 comment:

Tammy said...

So, you too, are living it up in the world of menopause.