Thursday, August 7, 2008

sniff - sniff - sniff

"Do you smell smoke?"

These are the exact words a cherished friend of mine once said to me as tears streamed down my face. At the time I was recounting for him a situation that I seemed compelled to beat myself up about. No doubt in my own way I was inviting him to the pity party that I was throwing for myself . . . but how blessed I was that he saw past my tears and chose to use this smoke tactic to help me realize that the condemnation that I was experiencing was straight from the pit of hell - for it is written in Romans 8:1 "Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus . . ."

No matter what we do Christ will NOT condemn us for it. He will not declare us guilty for something that He has already been punished for. He has already paid the price so now we can be judged as guilt free. Hallelujah! Thank You, Lord Jesus!

If you suspect that condemnation is engulfing you . . . you can be sure that the evil one is in your midst so run for the fire extinguisher - God's Word - it is your ONLY hope!

These days all my friend has to do to bring me back to reality is to point his nose in the air and 'sniff - sniff - sniff'! Recounting the day that he first lead me to this promise of Christ never fails to bring both of us smiles and a roar of laughter!

Someday as I stand before my Lord and Master, Jesus Christ, I will first thank Him for the sacrifice He made that declared me guilt free and then I will thank Him for giving my dearest brother in Christ a good nose for smoke!

Thank You, Jesus!
Amen and Amen
bo

No comments: