Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What's Your 'Signature' Verse?

Do you have a 'signature' verse of scripture that you claim as 'your own'? A verse that God has brought you back to time and time again? Yep, me too. Mine is Romans 12:2 "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the newing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - His good, pleasing and perfect will."

This verse has relieved many a fear.
It has dried many a tear.
And many a time it has been used to set me back upon the Rock.

And it's amazing to me that He continues to use it over and over again . . . well, I guess what I should be more amazed about is that He NEEDS to use it over and over again. Oh, the distractions of this world! But thankfully, the mere thought of Him saying "Follow Me" brings me back into His loving arms.

I watched the last part of the Matthew DVD again tonight. The final scene depicts Jesus waving us on to follow Him. I sob as it ends - I want to cry out "Come back . . . don't go!" That's when I feel Him tap me on the shoulder and say to me just as he did in Matthew 28:20 "surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Oh, Praise You, Jesus!

Who of us can't take comfort in that? How glorious. How comforting. That is the source of true peace for each of us!!! Thank You, Jesus. Thank You, Lord.
Amen and Amen
bo

No comments: