Thursday, August 28, 2008

Be Honest - Wouldn't You Be Fearful?

A time of trial/testing/temptation quite often follows a mountaintop experience. So read about the birth of Jesus in The Gospel of Luke . . .
a definite mountaintop experience if ever there was one.
Now read how when Jesus was 8 days old, Mary and Joseph took Him to the temple to be dedicated. There they saw a man named Simeon who told Mary that because of her son, a sword would pierce her very soul . . truly a time to gather fear if there ever was one - wouldn't you agree? A time of trial / testing / temptation? Oh, yeah!
Q. HOW IN THE WORLD COULD MARY WITHSTAND AND OVERCOME THE FEAR OF WHAT WAS PREDICTED?
A. ONLY BY THE AMAZING GRACE OF GOD!
And we, like Mary, can expect that same grace when we trust in the Lord. When we come to know his promises. When we arm ourselves with the sword of His Spirit (which is His Word) for
IT IS WRITTEN - IT IS WRITTEN - IT IS WRITTEN!!!

Help me, Lord, to live in the present - not looking regrettably in the past - not looking unsuredly to the future. Help me to ENJOY the journey knowing that Jesus is preparing my way.

NOTE TO SELF: Remember. . .
"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart." Jer 29:13
"I know the One in whom I trust, and I am sure that He is able, to guard that which I have entrusted to Him until the day of His return."
2 Tim 1:12
"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."
Jer 29:11

All Hail to the Prince of Peace.
Amen and Amen
bo

No comments: