Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Fam

There's nothing more important in life than your family.
Whether you've developed a good relationship with them over the years or not, there's no getting away from the fact that they are important to who you are.

Being close to them sometimes drives you crazy.
Being distant from them always creates a hole within you.

It is written
about Jesus in Matthew 12:47-50 "Someone told Him, "Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you." He replied to him, "Who is my mother, and who are my brothers? Pointing to His disciples, He said, "Here are my mother and my brothers. For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

With that, Jesus brought all believers together as the Family of God.

To say that JESUS - as the Son of the Most High God - realized the importance of family is a gross understatement but in addition to that family relationship, He taught us the importance of the kinship with fellow believers.

As I apply this truth to my own life I can recall a time when I had no church family.
I was unsaved and full of myself.
My belief system consisted of 'The Truths According to Bonnie".
I had no one to pray FOR me or with me.
I had no Pastors to stop by and visit me when concerns were mounting.
I had no involvement with ministries that would direct my thoughts and efforts to anyone other than myself.
It was a time of no friends. No fellowship. No life.
I was self-centered . . . self-sufficient . . . self-reliant . . . AND . . . self-destructing.
To say that I was miserable and lonely is yet another gross understatement.

But now, PRAISE GOD, BY HIS GRACE, with two families I am whole and full of life.
I am so blessed to be part of the life of a church family - with people around me who are anxious to teach me about the grace and mercy and forgiveness of our incredible God.
A very special 'family' who helps me fulfill the purposes the Lord has for me.
It took the combined effort of both of my families but finally I have come to know that not only am I not in control . . . but thank You, Lord . . . I know that I don't want to be!!

All hail to You, Lord Jesus!

Thank You, Jesus for the richness of both of my families.
Thank You that I am right where You want me to be.
Thank You for giving me joyous family members who cheer me on, lift me up in prayer and direct Your angels to guard me.
Hallelujah and Amen
bo

No comments: