Monday, August 4, 2008

I'm out of balance but I'm in my glory!

Never has there been a time in my life when my focus has been well balanced. I've been an 'all or nothing' person right from the 'get-go' (as my mother would say). I wear my heart on my sleeve and the encourager in me is always more than willing to share my passions with anyone who will listen.

To illustrate, let me explain that I have an over the top passion for my children. The day I realized that I had allowed them to become idols before me - and that the Lord wanted me to "give them up" to Him - was, to say the least, a very humbling day for me. Crying out to the Lord I couldn't get my arms around the fact that HE had given me these two treasures - HE had given me that all consuming agape love for them - how in the world could He tell me now that I was wrong for letting them be my all in all?

As I considered all of this I came to realize that even though I had been blessed with love beyond measure for my children, they had from time to time disappointed me, hurt me, made me cry, and many times I was left wanting for something more in my life. What an eye-opener it was to see that it was not possible for them to be my all in all.

It is written in Matthew 10:37 ". . . anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me."

And it was then that Jesus said to me "I am enough.
Come and be consumed by Me.
Come - I am the Bread of Life and I will nourish you.
John 6:35 paraphrased
Come - drink from the Living Water and you will thirst no more.
John 4:13-14 paraphrased
Come - I will never leave you, I will never forsake you."
Hebrews 13:5
My all in all. Faithful. Honest. Trustworthy. Dependable. My Counselor. My Best Friend. My Husband. My breath. My very life.

To this day I remain 'out of balance' but now Christ in me is the hope of glory. People sometimes make me feel like I'm a 'freak' when it comes to being out of balance about Him. Jesus said to expect that. But little do they know that I fervently pray that they too will someday be consumed and 'out of balance' by the truth that is in Christ Jesus.

Hallelujah, Jesus - Thine the Glory.
Hallelujah, Jesus - Amen
bo

No comments: