Sunday, August 10, 2008

Who Am I ?

Not long after I asked Christ to come and dwell within me I went through an identity crisis. I felt an overwhelming need to figure out who I was. The following is the journey that the Lord lead me on to discover the truth . . .

Well, let's see . . .
I am the daughter of the King of kings and the Lord of lords.
but I'm also the daughter of my earthly parents . . .
and I'm the (baby) sister to my siblings . . .
and I was a wife . . .
and I'm a mother (of two of the most beloved kids on this earth!) . . .
I'm also an Aunt and a friend, and a co-worker, and a citizen . . .

But then I thought - wait----- my earthly parents are both gone now so 'technically' I'm not a daughter anymore so that branch of my family tree leaves me wondering . . .
and when my siblings are gone I won't be a sister any longer so that branch could teeter . . .
and if you notice - I said I WAS a wife - - - enough said . . .
and if something were to happen to my children (GOD FORBID) my Mother's Day cards would stop coming . . .
and if the truth be told - friends come and friends go, jobs never last forever and who knows, even I, the homebody of all homebodies, could move out of this City/State/Country . . .

All of a sudden I realized that the only guarantee I have is that
I AM THE DAUGHTER OF THE MOST HIGH GOD - THE KING . . .
That makes me a Princess. I'm Royalty. I'm sought after and loved beyond my ability to fathom.

And I don't have to do a thing to maintain my royal title - it's mine, FOREVER for it is written in Romans 8:38-39 "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

It doesn't matter what goes on in this world - everything is subject to change. It's temporary. But the Lord never changes! He is the same today that He was yesterday and His Word promises that He will remain unchanged FOREVER. Hebrews 13:8 paraphrased.

I claim the promise of His eternal love.
I claim the heritage that was mine from the moment He created me.
I claim the inheritance that Jesus willingly sacrificed His life to give me. The riches. The glory. The everlasting Arms.

At the risk of repeating myself, let me once again say . . . Thank You, Jesus. We have countless things to thank You for Lord but first and foremost on my list is the renewal of my kinship with my Father.
My Abba.
Praise be to your name Jesus. You are my Brother, my Husband, my Friend, my Confidant, my Counselor, my everlasting Family.
Amen and Amen
bo

No comments: